If you’re feeling down today and want to make yourself feel better, or simply looking for positive quotes to keep your motivation afloat, then you’re in the right place. Here are 77 positive quotes that’ll brighten up your day and inspire you to live your best life.
For extra impact, choose one or two of these uplifting quotes, and let it be your quote of the day. Write it down. Say it out loud. Dance about as you say it! It might seem silly, but the more you get engaged in it, the more it’ll bring out the bit of sunshine resting in your heart.
Note: Each quote is properly credited to its author unless the author is unknown. If the quote needs to be credited to the right person, please email me asap so I can fix this!
From Lust Till Dawn is a reader-supported site. Purchases made through links may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
General Positive Quotes
Being a positive person or seeking out positive influences in your life as you are doing now can have such a huge impact on your overall well-being. Here are general quotes about positivity to add a bit of spark into your life.
1. “When you think positive, good things happen.” – Matt Kemp
2. “Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.” – Matt Camera
3. “In order to carry a positive action, we must develop a positive vision.” – Dalai Lama
4. “A positive atmosphere nurtures a positive attitude, which is required to take positive action.” – Richard M. DeVos
5. “Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better.” – Harvey Mackay
6. “Positive thinking is a valuable tool that can help you overcome obstacles, deal with pain, and reach new goals.” – Amy Morin
7. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.” – Zig Ziglar
8. “Every day brings new choices.” – Martha Beck
9. “Every day may not be a good day but there is good in every day.” – Unknown
10. “The grass is greener where you water it.” – Neil Barringham
11. “Every small positive change we make in ourselves repays us in confidence in the future.” – Alice Walker
12. “Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.” – Jon Assaraf
13. “Every positive thought is a silent prayer which will change your life.” – Unknown
14. “Today is a good day for a good day.” – Unknown
15. “There are only two ways to live your life. One as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
16. “Positive vibes. Positive minds. Positive life.” – Unknown
17. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Karlo
Positive Quotes Involving Nature
Nature is one of our best resources to learn, especially when it comes to positivity. When the going gets rough, here are some nature-inspired quotes to turn towards to remind us to stay positive.
18. “Stars can’t shine without darkness.” – Unknown
19. “The sun is a daily remind that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.” – S. Ajna
20. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
21. “Don’t compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.” – Unknown
22. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
23. “When you can’t find the sunshine. Be the sunshine.” – Unknown
24. “I believe in the power of love and planting positive thought seeds into the collective consciousness.” – Jay Woodman
25. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo
26. “Life is like a rainbow. You need both rain and sun to make the colors appear.” – Unknown
27. “When it rains, look for rainbows, when it’s dark look for stars.” – Unknown
28. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
29. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
Positive Quotes About You
Some days we feel like we’re not good enough, and our self-confidence needs a bit of a pick-me-up. These personal positive quotes can cheer you up. Believe in them!
30. “You are enough just as you are.” – Meghan Markle
31. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington
32. “Stop saying these negative things about yourself. Look in the mirror and find something about yourself that’s positive and celebrate that!” – Tyra Banks
33. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
34. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you’ll ever know.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
35. “You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing.” – Unknown
36. “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett Henry
37. “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” – Unknown
38. “The best part about life? Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a happier version of yourself.” – @happsters
39. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
40. “Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.” – Allen Klein
41. “The best is yet to be.” – Robert Bronning
42. “You’re a fighter. Look at everything you’ve overcome. Don’t give up now.” – Olivia Benson
43. “Find a place inside where there’s joy and the joy will burn out the pain.” – Joseph Campbell
44. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
45. “I realized that if my thoughts immediately affect my body, I should be careful about what I think. Now if I get angry, I ask myself why I feel that way. If I can find the source of my anger, I can turn that negative energy into something positive.” – Yoko Ono
46. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
47. “I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” – Unknown
48. “You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.” – Unknown
Positive Quotes on Success
If you’re feeling like a failure lately, all you may need is a bit of re-framing on what success is! Here are some positive quotes to help you shift your mindset or refocus on your positive thoughts and actions.
49. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
50. “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” – Shiv Khera
51. “A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.” – Serena Williams
52. “It does not matter how slowly you go. As long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
53. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
54. “An obstacle is often a stepping stone.” – Prescott
55. “Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.” – Jack Canfield
56. “Problems are not stop signs. They are guidelines.” – Robert H. Schulfer
57. “Strive for progress, not perfection.” – Unknown
58. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
59. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
60. “Success is a journey, not a destination.” – Ben Sweetland
61. “Believe in yourself, and you will be unstoppable.” – Unknown
62. “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started. – beinspiredchannel.com
Tough Loving Positive Quotes
Not all positive quotes are about feeling better instantly. They can be about tough loving attitudes that keep our reality in check.
These may not be the type of things we want to hear in the moment, but certainly will have a positive long-term effect on your future!
Here are some tough loving quotes that’ll increase positivity in your life.
63. “Don’t compare your life to others.” – Unknown
64. “Worry about loving yourself instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.” – allcupation.com
65. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
66. “All you can change is yourself, but sometimes that changes everything!” – Gary W. Goldstein
67. “A negative mind will never give you a positive life.” – Unknown
68. “Forget the mistake. Remember the lesson.” – @lisamessenger
69. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll starting having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
70. “Let go of the people who dull your shine, poison your spirit, and bring you drama. Cancel your subscription to their issues.” – Steve Maraboli
71. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it” – Dennis P. Kimbro
72. “No pressure. No diamonds.” – Thomas Carlyle
73. “Tough times don’t last, tough people do.” – Unknown
74. “Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher.” – Maya Watson
75. “Positive thinking isn’t about expecting the best to happen every time, it is about accepting that whatever happens is the best for that moment.” – Picture Quotes
76. “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” – Joyce Meyer
77. “To be tested is good. The challenge life may be the best therapist.” – Gail Sheehy
What’s your quote of the day?
Did any of these quotes above really stick with you? Make it your quote of the day!
Like I said earlier, we tend to retain information when we write it down and engage with it. So write down your positive quote of the day, shout it out or even dance about as you say it.
Let your positive quote of the day bring out the sunshine in your heart because your deserve it!
Thanks for making it all the way down to the end of the post. I’d love to connect. Come say hi to me my Instagram @sarchetrit, especially if you found any part of this post to be helpful.
If you have any positive quotes that could make someone’s day brighter, then drop it in the comments!
Till then, thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!