Hi, I’m Sarah!
I love to travel, am a big foodie, and enjoy blogging from dusk ’till dawn. If you also:
- love to wanderlust day and night about your next escapade,
- create and get lost in the grind of blogging, and
- explore your inner self for growth and happiness,
then I see us being very good friends. If that’s the case, then there’s no holding back the personal insight and helpful tips that I love sharing with my friends and family to make their lives easier. By being here, that very well means you’re included in this tell-all circle of mine.
There’s one caveat though. If you want to get to know each other better, I’m not going to hold back just a part of me. I have to let it all out, which includes my past.
My past has carried me to this point of peace, happiness, and desire to share all my successes with you. So if you’re willing to listen, learn about me, and how I’ve come to love the things I do, let’s get in this deep.
Both of my parents passed away from cancer by the time I was 10. Life was tough, but I raised myself. I had to learn a lot of the essentials of life quickly and on my own. I put myself through school and graduated with only $25,000 of school loans. I became a Certified Public Accountant in the State of New York and paid off all my loans in two years!
While working at the Big Four, I got really sick from the stress of overworking and got fibromyalgia. I quit accounting, moved to Amsterdam, and became a travel blogger since I’ve been consistently traveling since 2005 and have been to over 20 countries.
I’ve always loved traveling, but blogging about it added a whole new passion to my life. Now I love talking about traveling, blogging, and the peace and happiness I’ve finally found in life. Connecting with like-minded people like you has been the ultimate cherry-on-top since starting this blog (formerly known as Tales From a Fork*) in 2015.
Where to Start
There’s a lot of stuff on my blog so let me help you out! Here are some places you can jump to next:
- Readers’ Favorites
- City Guides, Practical Travel Tips, Music and Festivals, Slow Travel, and more
- Explore by Destination
- Use the menu drop-down to pick your specific country and city.
- Culinary Travel
- Restaurants, City Dining Guides, Food Tours, and Cooking Classes
- Here you’ll find the best of blogging tips from my personal successes and failures and also a FREE 7 Day Guide to a Profitable Blog course.
- Diary, Health, Expat Life, and more
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to connect with me on the thing we both love so much! Make sure to reach out to me if you have any questions or just want to chat. Here are a few ways: