Want to know the best gift for mom if she loves cooking? Here are 6 things gifted to my own mother-in-law.
Without my own birth mother, I’m super lucky to have Mike’s mom to celebrate Mother’s Day with every year. Mike leaves it up to me to choose the best gift for mom, and based on her reaction, she’s really loved the practical and useful gifts I’ve picked out for her over the years.
Here are some awesome Mother’s Day gifts we’ve gotten her all related to the kitchen! The list starts off with her all-time favorite gift. She loved it so much she started gifting it to all of her friends.
From Lust Till Dawn is a reader-supported site. Purchases made through links may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Best Gift for Mom If She Loves Making Soup
Elaine loves making soup especially her signature broccoli soup, which warms our bellies and souls up every time.
For years, I watched her make her soup in a pot, dump all the contents into a food processor in batches, then pour it back into the pot to keep it warm when ready to serve. SO MUCH WORK!
That’s when I got her an immersion blender. She thought this was the best mother’s day gift ever. This became her go-to gift for her friends from then on.
- Bell shaped base, revolutionary shape plus internal ribbing reduces the suction for greater control…
- Ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation
- 8″ immersion depth for large quantities or tall pots
Which Immersion Blender to Get
- Splurge: Get the best quality Breville immersion blender
- Save: Get the best bang for your buck with this Mueller immersion blender
Best Gift for Mom to Save Her Feet and Knees
I personally have fibromyalgia, which means my feet are in pain all the time with nerve pain and muscle soreness. As a result, I got this anti-fatigue mat to use in the kitchen while doing the dishes, cooking and basically anytime I’m standing for awhile.
The anti-fatigue mat basically makes standing for longer periods of time more comfortable and does what it says– alleviates fatigue of standing.
Considering Elaine is in the kitchen all the time making us delicious baked goods and her infamous broccoli soup, I got her this as her mother’s day gift for 2020.
Does this gift scream, “Please make us more food”? ?
Which Anti-Gravity Mat to Get:
With three different sizes and about eight colors, the anti-gravity mat options are endless. Choose one here on Amazon.
Best Gift for Mother’s Day to Make Washing Dishes Nicer
Most people don’t enjoy doing dishes especially my sister who is a mom of three! As a result, I bought her these three things that make doing dishes a bit more pleasant.
- Nice kitchen gloves: A pair of nice kitchen gloves that are comfortable and have the cuff to prevent water from getting inside are a total game changer. Having a nice pair (vs. a cheap pair from the grocery store cleaning aisle) really make a huge difference.
- Soap dispenser: This saves that tiny bit of hassle of having to turn your soap bottle upside down every time you need soap. Once you get a soap dispense, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without one.
- Sponge holder: There’s nothing more gross than picking up a wet sponge or having your sink cluttered with your sponges, which is why a good sponge holder is a must. I went through three different sponge holders before figuring out this was the best one. Bonus: my sponges now last longer too.
These don’t really seem like the best gift for mom, but based on my sister’s reaction, small things make a really big difference. Doing dishes for my sister has been a bit more bearable so hopefully they are for you and your mom too! If you have to do a chore, why not make it a bit nicer with efficiency?
SPLURGE: Best Gift for Mom for Easy Daily Cleaning
This was a total splurge for Mike and me to spend on Elaine but considering how much his parents have done for us, it was totally worth it. Plus, we LOVE LOVE LOVE (did I say we LOVE) this product in our own home so we HAD to get it for them. We also got it for a friend as their wedding gift.
It’s the Dyson cyclone vacuum cleaner, which is so great for daily use. It totally replaces the standard broom and pan in the kitchen and is way easier to use than a regular vacuum.
We also got Elaine this because their Kirby vacuum (from the 80s?) is sooo clunky and heavy! Considering she is starting to have shoulder issues, she absolutely needed a lightweight, powerful vacuum to use around the house.
Which Dyson Vacuum Cleaner to Get
If you want to save some money, getting the V10 is a great option too.
Need more reasons to get the Dyson vacuum cleaner? Read why it’s the best for dust mite allergies here.
So there you have it! These are all the best gift for mom and ones we’ve gotten for Elaine and my sister, Sylvia. If you like to save money on food and household items, check out her Instagram @savewithskim.
Of course there are some other gifts that we’ve gotten her over the years but these are some of the best kitchen gifts.
Thanks for making it to the end of the post, and please give you mom a big ol’ hug for me. Wish you and your mom the very best Mother’s Day!