I love the clean and minimal look with a hint of color of Scandinavian design. Thus, Thus, I decided to combine my love for Scandinavian design with a need for small space solutions, which brings me to my IKEA Frosta Stool.
Right out of the store, the IKEA Frosta Stools look boring and plain like it belongs in a unkept library without visitors. But with your imagination and a few coats of paint of Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint, they look chic enough to place all over the house.
Check out my IKEA Frosta Stool makeover in Scandinavian colors!
From Lust Till Dawn is a reader-supported site. Purchases made through links may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
I first bought these because I needed extra seating in my place without having clunky, fold up chairs or too many dining chairs out all the time. We have a household of two so extra chairs just for visitors that’d be coming over bi-weekly or monthly would cause way too much clutter, and I hate clutter!
These are perfect for abolishing clutter because they stack easily and sit quietly out of the way in a discreet, yet not so discreet corner. Although, they’re not hidden, I really enjoy the little bit of color they add to my very, very white walls.
I bought four to go with my Norden gateleg table because once that baby is fully expanded, we can fit a whopping six people around the table.
Overtime (as in the full month that we’ve been here), we started using these as extra surfaces around the house like as a side table to complement our coffee table until I find something I really love for the two coffee table look.
Here’s How to Makeover Your IKEA Frosta Stools
- Before assembling, lay out the circle tops on top of a small book or surface smaller than the circle so that the circle is raised off the ground.
- Sand lightly so that the paint will grip the surface.
- Wipe any dust off the circles.
- Paint one layer, and let it dry.
- Paint another, and let it dry.
- Put on varnish or some type of sealant, especially if you plan on using it as extra tables when guests visit.
- Assemble the stools, and voila! Use your Frosta stool as a seat, side table, night stand, coffee table and more.
I’ve seen so many uses for these Frosta stools and have begin noticing them everywhere like even at my doctor’s office.
I hope my IKEA Frosta Stool makeover with Scandinavian colors inspire you to create some pretty yet versatile solutions for your small space. I’d love to see how your makeover comes out. Comment below with a link to your blog, Pinterest or photo!
Thanks for stopping by! xo.