From Lust Till Dawn is a reader-supported site. Purchases made through links may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Guilty: I’ve been traveling to the most photographed places in the world based on Instagram.
Instagram has totally changed up the landscape of the most photographed places in the world!
At the very least, it’s certainly changed the way that I’ve traveled. My goals are generally to eat, eat, eat and take photos in between.
If you’re like me, then you may want to use this list of most Instagrammed places around the world to inspire your next trip!
Most Photographed Places in the World on Instagram
Is London the most photographed place in the world? According to Instagram, it could be with 139.6m hits under #london.
London’s springtime Instagame is on like no other with its gorgeous floral displays and bright colors.
Get your Instagram inspo here. Head to 50+ Instagrammable Places in London.
New York City is for sure one the most Instagrammable place in the US. As of July 2020:
- #nyc had over 127m photos
- #newyorkcity had over 28.2m photos
- #centralpark had over 7.4m photos
- #timessquare had over 4.3m photos
It’s an iconic place with infamous places you see in the movies to secret spots to take photos at.
Want NYC Instagram inspo? This post has over 25 NYC Instagram spots to take photos at! It includes a handy map plus food recommendations nearby locations.
As of July, Paris had 120.5m photos under #paris on Instagram.
It’s full of charming streets and epic landmarks, which makes it a great city to take photos at. That combined with all the amazing eats, Paris is a must-visit European destination.
Want Paris Instagram inspo? This post has a handful of Paris Instagram spots in Montmartre so you can get multiple photos in one go.
As of July 2020, Los Angeles had 67.5m photos under #losangeles on Instagram.
If you like sunshine, a healthy lifestyle and delicious healthy eats, you’ll love Los Angeles.
You might also like this Los Angeles itinerary.
As of July 2020, Amsterdam had 32m photos under #amsterdam on Instagram.
This is a quaint little city that has the feel of a village but the offerings of a city.
Want Amsterdam Instagram inspo? Check out my local guide to Instagrammable places in Amsterdam.
As of July 2020, Disneyland had 32m photos under #disneyland on Instagram.
With so many areas of this theme park, you’ll find tons of places to take Instagrammable photos at.
As of August 2020, Scotland had 20.4m photos under #scotland on Instagram with the main highlight being the Scottish Highlands and castles.
It’s a breathtaking country with stunning nature that’ll make you feel free!
Want Scotland Instagram inspo? Check out my local guide to Instagrammable places in Scotland, which includes Edinburgh.
You might also like this Scotland Travel Guide.
In case you need a little help with your Instagram, here are two awesome resources for Instagram:
- Tailwind is what I use to plan my Instagram feed ahead of time. It saves so much time and is key in making a consistent feed.
- It gives you the best time to post, a content plan and even suggestions on what to post about.
- There’s a free trial version.
- Flick is how I easily find hashtags I can actually get impressions from. It tells you which hashtags have low, medium or high competition, which is key. Check out their free trial.
- The IGInfluencer Guide is what helped me grow my account from 50k to 160k and make $1,600 each sponsored post. The special offer through my link is only available for 7 days so don’t snooze on signing up and growing your account!